Orlando, Ocala, Kissimmee, Brandon, Winter Haven, Florida
Although the number of injuries and deaths from automobile accidents has been on the decline in recent years, auto accidents remain a serious threat to public health and safety. In fact, auto accidents are the leading cause of death for people under the age of 34.
Even a seemingly minor accident can cause spinal cord or brain injuries that may not show symptoms for several weeks, months, or possibly years afterward. If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident caused by the negligent actions of another driver, Orlando auto accident attorney Stephen J. Knox can help you receive compensation for your injuries.
Auto Accident Statistics
Auto accidents are much more prevalent than you might expect. Consider the following facts:
- More than 25 percent of drivers have been in an automobile accident within the last 5 years
- The average driver is involved in 1 to 3 near-accidents every month and can expect to be involved in some type of automobile accident every 6 years
- Nearly 95 percent of auto accidents list driver distraction, fatigue, intoxication or other human error as a primary cause.
This last statistic is especially frightening since most accidents involving human error can be avoided. Of automobile accidents caused by human error:
- Over 80 percent involve talking with passengers
- Two-thirds involve adjusting a radio, CD player, or other media device
- Half involve eating or drinking
- A quarter involve cell phone use or text messaging
- Approximately 10 percent of auto accidents involve drugs or alcohol, and 40 percent of auto accident fatalities are alcohol or drug-related
Experienced Auto Accident Representation
If you have suffered an injury, or if a loved one has died in an auto accident that was the fault of another motorist, you should contact an auto accident attorney immediately. Insurance companies are notorious for denying claims and paying out the least amount of compensation possible. Calculating damages in an automobile accident case can get very complex. Getting the insurance companies to pay compensation for these damages can be even more of a challenge.
Stephen J. Knox has fought insurance companies to get injured victims the compensation they deserve for more than 23 years. He understands the complex laws governing Florida auto accident cases, and he has the skills and toughness to stand up to insurance companies who are trying to deny you the compensation you need to move on with your life.
While Mr. Knox always strives to settle auto accident claims whenever possible, he is not afraid to fight relentlessly for your rights in court. Mr. Knox possesses over two decades of trial experience, and if necessary, he will pursue your claim to its conclusion through litigation.
If you live in the Orlando, Ocala, Kissimmee, Brandon or Winter Haven, Florida areas and have been injured in an automobile accident caused by the negligence of another driver, please contact our Orlando personal injury office today to arrange your free case evaluation. We also serve Bartow, Citrus, Mulberry, Plant City, Sumter, and Zephyrhills.